Fresh from victory at the TransAtlantic Way, the team of Bradford Smith and Matt Roy are turning their attention to the Coulee Challenge, a 1200km brevet hosted by the Minnesota Randonneurs and Driftless Randonneurs out of Apple Valley, MN.
A coulee is a deep ravine, one of the defining features of the terrain in Minnesota and Wisconsin. This is no flat, mid-Western romp, so we are remixing Brad and Matt’s bikes for the occasion.
We’re offering this special Coulee Remix of their TransAt winning bikes for a short time. Order yours before midnight, August 31st.
Defining the TransAt Bike Series
What makes this bike different from a more typical Evergreen design? A number of features that speak directly to the Coulee Challenge ride style including:
- Dual wheel size design: Seven’s spent years optimizing frame geometries to work well with two wheel sizes. The TransAt series offers a progressive pairing for wheel and tire. The Coulee Remix is optimized for 50mm tires on 650b wheels. However, the bike also excels with 700c x 38mm tires, too. Fast or plush. Speed or traction. You choose your adventure and your Evergreen is ready.
- Power transfer: The Remix benefits from efficient power transfer from rider core to rear wheel. One of Seven’s strengths is our ability to isolate drive train stiffness from vertical compliance. Because every tubeset is customized for the individual rider, we can tailor seemingly conflicting frame characteristics, by strategic tube choice and personalized butting profiles.
- Plush tubeset: The Coulee route will demand a lot from its riders. We’ve designed the Remix to be the smoothest of frame designs through strategic tube butting, thoughtful frame geometry, and clever component choice. We’ve kept the drivetrain stiff for efficiency while isolating the frame’s vertical compliance to leverage the smoothest ride you’ve ever felt.
- Stable and predictable handling: As you near the 220th mile of the day, you appreciate the stability of the Remix. Stable, predictable handling is often underappreciated. Through a combination of fork design, frame geometry, and the meshing of the two, we deliver a bike that randonneurs can be comfortable on from dawn till dark. Make no mistake, though, the Remix is still a race bike.
- Durability and low maintenance: Titanium is the toughest bike frame material, and in our hands you get a lifetime ride, every time. Long brevets, like the Coulee Challenge, torture your equipment and expose any faults. With this bike, we’ve put together a complete package that will stand up to all that abuse and keep you rolling.
The TransAt Coulee Remix
with SRAM Force 1
The Coulee Remix bike is a progressive gravel bike that features a number of innovations, special offers, and incentives. It’s also available for a very limited time. The Remix employs the SRAM Force 1 group set with mechanical shifting and hydraulic brakes, aiming for the lightest weight, simplest design, and purest performance. We’ve priced this bike with one set of wheels. You can get a second set of wheels at 50% off if you’d like. Or if you’re going with just one set we can provide you half off the XX Upgrade instead – a $495 value.
Bike Specification Details
- Frame: Evergreen SL Titanium
- Frame Upgrades:
- XX Upgrade
- Custom reflective decal set – for frame and fork
- Hidden fender mounts
- Seven Components:
- Fork: Whisky No. 9
- Seat post: Custom Titanium
- Handlebar: Seven aluminum 3D forged, gravel design
- Stem: Seven aluminum 3D forged, gravel design
- Groupset: SRAM Force 1x with hydraulic brakes
- Wheels: 700c Industry Nine Ultralight 235 CX Road Disc, aluminum, 1,290 grams. For the Remix bike, we’re including one set of wheels. If you’d like a second set of wheels at a 50% discount, let us know.
- Tires: 700c Donnelly LAS 33 mm tubeless, 120 tpi
- Set 1 for 700c: Donnelly LAS 33 mm, 120 tpi folding, black
- Set 2 for 650b: Panaracer GravelKing slick 48 mm, 120 tpi folding, black, 350 grams
- Headset: Cane Creek 40
- Men’s: Fizik Antares
- Women’s: Fizik Luce
- Standard Full Retail Price: $9,045
- Limited Time Discount Price, Estimated: $8,125. Includes the special discount of $920, a 10% discount!
Bikes shown are representative of the offer but do not have the exact same parts kit.
Special Offers for the Remix Bike
In addition to the Remix bike being a unique design with a curated parts kit, this bike also includes some unique limited edition elements and discounts at total retail value of about $925 in discounts including:
- The XX Upgrade at 50% off - a $495 value.
- A place in our build queue, so you’ll have no delays.
- 5-week lead-time. Once we’ve confirmed the design with you, your bike will be ready to ride within three weeks. Seven’s current lead-time is about to hit 6-weeks, so reserve your expedited lead-time before it’s too late. You’ll get your bike twice as fast as anyone else.
- The special opportunity to own a limited edition TransAt bike!
Deadline to Order Your TransAt Coulee Remix
The TransAt Coulee Remix offer ends on Friday, August 31 at midnight.
- Deadline: Offer ends on 31 August.
- Parts specifications and pricing subject to change based on availability in real-time.
- This offer is available on complete Seven bikes only.v
- This offer cannot be combined with any other offer from Seven or your retailer. This offer is not available for a bike that you’ve already ordered but that you have not yet taken delivery of from Seven.
- Prices do not include pedals, water bottle cages, or any accessories that may appear in photos representing this bike or project.
- Lead-time does not include design time prior to you signing off on the final frame specifications and parts kit to release blueprint to the framebuilding team. Lead-time does not include bike assembly time at the retailer.
- Prices shown do not include taxes, insurance, shipping charges, or possible assembly charges by your retailer.